Tuesday 1 June 2010

AUTUMN

The autumn is a station that lasts since twenty-three of march, until twenty-three of june in Chile. It marks the transition of summer to winter but it’s more cold that warm, even though, there are a really nice sun days like yesterday, when there was a big sun shining for us . Autumn characterizes for begin the night more early that in summer, and it is a sad change sometimes, because come dark before and some people feel that the day lasts less, although the sky in autumn when get dark is very beautiful, and with this, people can to reconcile whit autumn’s early dark afternoons. The autumn doesn’t begin at the same time in all world, it varies according to the hemisphere. In the Southern Hemisphere, it begin in march, and in the Northern Hemisphere in september. The autumn in literature represents the oldness, because the leaves fall down yellow and brown, like the trees were getting older. I don’t like the trees in autumn, except when them leaves don’t fall and turn to colours like red or orange. Other thing that happened in autumn is the arrival of cold wind, some days it is really hard in the morning, and when i ride my bike to the university, i feel that my fingers are frozen. Autumn is time to get out from the closet shelters, jackets, sweaters, and the scarf that our grandmother weaves for us. We must use them, even thought there are not very pretties. Although i can enjoy the autumn for his attributes like his pretty skies, i am all the time waiting for the summer and spring.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!!
    Autumn is really a beautiful season, night skies are beautiful. The only thing I dislike about this season is that the mornings and nights are too cold seems that winter was here, so at that time that summer I would come quickly.
    I do not think the trees look bad when their leaves fall, is more the other day I saw the leaves of the tree falling in the wind as it was sunny was a wonderful show, the only thing I like more than this is to see them flourish.
    Autumn is my second favorite station.
    See you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Macarena!! I like autumn, because I like when the leaves fall. Some afternoons I enjoy seeing the leaves fall of trees. This is pleasant, especially when the sun is shining in the sky. I also like the color of leaves in autumn; they are brown, yellow or red. They are wonderful and beautiful. I like autumn because I am already bored with the summer heat. For this reason, I like the cold autumn. Furthermore, I like the rain, the first rain of the year. My dream is to walk in the rain while I listen “Have you ever seen the rain?”, the Creedence Clearwater Revival song. And so, I love the rain.

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Macarena.
    Autumn is one of my favorite stations maybe because is like a romantic and poetic, I love the sound of the wind and the leaves that falls of the tree an also the sound when you step them. Is true autumn is a cold station but this have a good part that is that you can stay at home in a warm place with a cup of coffee, I think it's one thing that like to do a lot of people. Jajaja when I came to the university by bike i felt the same cold in my hands but in some part I like it like when you feel the cold on your face I think is one of the things that make you feel alive.

    Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maca!
    Autums is my favorite season, because Santiago looks very beautiful during that season. I also like the colors and smells of the leaves all together. I specially like the trees that turn redish during autumn.
    The only thing that I don't like about autumn is the changes in temperature that you expirience. During the morning it is very cold, but as the day goes by it gets very hot.
    See you in the afternoon
    Francisca

    ReplyDelete